If you’re a starter, you might be wondering what is a facial treatment and what happens when you get a facial done. So, let’s focus on the Benefits of a Facial and its cons in the following post.
While facials are not mandatory for having healthy and glowing skin, they can definitely be a beautiful addition to your skincare routine if done in a right way, a skilled aesthetician with right products using right techniques.
Benefits of a Facial
Facials are a relaxing experience and add to the skin care. Here is what happens when you get a facial done, besides the soothing and relaxing experience.
- Cleansed skin
- Blackheads and whiteheads (called milia) removal via manual extraction with steamer for face
- Thorough skin Exfoliation using gentle scrub, light chemical peel, or a peel-off mask
- Temporary Skin hydration treatment with rich, emollient nourishing masks that helps restore skin’s natural barrier function.
- Plumping skin with a well-formulated moisturizer that temporarily works on discoloration, pigmentation, wrinkles, under eyebags and dark circles.
- Repairs damaged skin cells and helps prevent further damage to the skin.
Cons of a Facial
Most women often look for facials for wider skin concerns ranging from acne to discoloration to wrinkles. While skilled aestheticians can consider your skin concerns and use the products and treatment accordingly, facials will not cure entire problem. Here is what a facial cannot do.
- Remove acne completely
- Permanently fade discoloration.
- Dark circles or puffy eyes removal completely
- Lift sagging skin
- Rosacea or persistent redness treatment
- Results of cosmetic procedures like Botox, lasers, or dermal fillers.
- Decongest skin and/or eliminate toxins
A well-trained Aesthetician will ask your skin concerns, skin type and whether if you’re using any topical or oral prescription medications, since these factors affect your skin health. Facial steamer benefits are many but using abnormally hot steam can worsen redness and potentially result in broken capillaries which show as thin, spider-like lines. Aestheticians should not be too aggressive with extractions for acne or blackheads as it can push acne lesions deeper into your skin. They need to have proper training and working knowledge of “facial rejuvenation” devices.
Now that you know What is a facial treatment and Benefits of a Facial, you should decide if you wanted to get an appointment. Facials cannot perform miracles but they make you look and feel good, improving skin texture.