Fairandglow.com has compiled the Top 5 Best DIY Sugar Scrub recipes for exfoliation with readily available kitchen ingredients. Using homemade body scrub is the best way to get rid of the dead skin cells and rejuvenate your skin. Let’s see 5 Ways to Make a Sugar Scrub.
Why Sugar Scrub works for Exfoliation?
Sugar, being the natural source of glycolic acid can help increase new skin cell production and thus removing the dead cells hanging onto your skin. Organic sugar scrub benefits you in promoting glowing, polished, baby smooth skin.
1. Olive Oil-Sugar Scrub
- Organic Sugar (white or brown sugar) – 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil-1/2 cup
- Essential oils of your choice (Optional)
- Mix the ingredients along with few drops of essential oils- rose oil or lemongrass oil or lavender oil. Transfer them into storage container.
- For usage, take 1 tablespoon as needed in the shower and scrub the skin with the mixture.
- Rinse with water. Using this homemade sugar scrub regularly will help you have younger looking skin.
2. Chocolate-Sugar scrub
Chocolate or raw cocoa is loaded with antioxidants and helps in lightening the skin naturally, besides improving skin texture, restoring damaged skin and promoting glowing complexion.
- Organic coconut oil- ½ cup
- Safflower oil-¼ cup
- Organic brown sugar-1/2 cup
- Raw cocoa powder- 1 Tablespoon
- Honey-1 Tablespoon
- Whip coconut oil to make it creamy and allow it to be solid.
- Now add oil to it and continue whipping for minute or two to begin adding brown sugar, cocoa powder and honey.
- You can also add essential oils of your choice.
- Transfer it to a jar container and the coconut sugar scrub will last few months.
- Use a clean spoon to scoop the scrub and it will not contaminate it.
3. Rose Petals Scrub
- Brown (turbinado) sugar-1 1/2 cups
- Coconut oil-1 cup
- Sweet Almond Oil-1 tablespoon
- Rose Petals- 2 red/pink roses
- Mason Jar-1
- Pour coconut oil into the jar along with a handful of rose petals into the jar.
- Now add sugar and 1 tablespoon of Sweet Almond Oil.
- For usage, blend them together with a spoon and massage homemade scrub into your skin, exfoliate and then rinse well.
4. Coffee Scrub
- Olive Oil- 1/4 cup
- Brown turbinado sugar-1 Cup
- Coffee grounds from a freshly brewed pot-1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract-1 teaspoon
- Peppermint essential oil- Few drops
- Blend the ingredients together and transfer it into container for this DIY Sugar Scrub.
- For usage, Dampen skin and massage the natural sugar scrub all over the body from feet to your way up. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. Follow it with moisturizer.
5. Sea Salt-Sugar Scrub
- Sea Salt-1/2 cup
- Brown sugar (like muscovado or demerara)- 1/2 cup
- Olive oil-1/4 cup
- Orange/Lemon essential oil- Few drops
- For this Salt-sugar scrub recipe, blend these ingredients together, and then rub over damp skin in the shower. Exfoliate by massaging and Rinse thoroughly.
These Top 5 Best DIY Sugar Scrub recipes are not only easy to prepare and are economical, but they work wonders for your skin. Try out the homemade body scrub for exfoliation.
What are your views on the article? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section!