We often try expensive hair products for healthy hair, but the salon treatments don’t last long and the market-bought products are loaded with chemicals. But try out readily available ingredients such as Flaxseeds to speed up the hair growth process. Here’s how to use Flax seeds for hair and 5 Benefits of flax seeds for hair
Reasons Why Flax Seeds are Good for your Hair
1. Rich source of Vitamin E
Flax seeds are rich source of Vitamin E, and the antioxidant properties aids in preventing hair and scalp damage and promoting hair growth. Besides preventing premature graying, Flax seeds improve the efficiency of capillaries, boosting blood circulation.
2. Balances pH levels and oil production
Flax seeds can aid in balancing pH levels and oil production by soothing the scalp and calm the sebaceous glands. This helps produce right amount of oil for healthy hair growth.
3. Nourishes Hair
Flax seeds are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial in healthy hair growth. Regular intake of the seeds nourishes the follicles and hair shafts, and increasing the elasticity of hair fibers thus making them stronger and less prone to damage.
4. Conditions Hair
Flax seeds are rich in vital nutrients- proteins, minerals and vitamins, thus helping in conditioning hair and making them smooth and manageable. They aid in controlling breakage, split ends, dryness, and frizz.
5. Soothes Hair Scalp
Flax seeds can prevent issues like acute hair loss, scalp eczema, and dandruff. You can either consume the flaxseeds or use them as a topical treatment that works great.
Flax Seeds For Hair Growth
1. Flaxseed Oil for hair
2 tbsp Flaxseed Oil
- Warm flaxseed oil for a few seconds, and massage the oil on to the scalp for about 15 minutes and then work it through your hair.
- After applying the oil to scalp and hair, wrap your hair in a hot towel.
- Wait for an additional 30 minutes and wash hair with a sulfate-free shampoo. Follow the remedy 2-3 times a week.
2. Fast hair growth with Flaxseed
- Flax Seeds- 1/4 cup
- Filtered Water-2 cups
- Lemon Juice-1 tbsp
- In a boiling pot of water, add flaxseeds until the liquid starts to thicken.
- Now add a tsp lime juice and stir the liquid.
- Put off the flame heat once the liquid reaches a gel-like consistency.
- Set aside to cool for a while. Strain the gel and you can apply it every morning to style your hair. This flaxseed hair gel promotes natural hair growth.
3. Internal Usage of Flax Seeds
To make hair grow faster, eat spoonful of crunchy flax seeds every day as a snack. You can alternatively add the flax seeds to your regular foods. Also drizzle a spoonful of flaxseeds in salads or dress it with flax seed oil. Get the benefits of flaxseed for hair growth by adding them to daily diet.
Now that you know the Benefits of flax seeds for hair, don’t forget to use the Flax seeds for hair internally and topically for natural hair growth
What are your views on the article? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section!
Image Source: 1