With loads of gel nail kits available, we put on gel polish that is extra shiny and long lasting. However, removing the gel nail polish without damaging nails can be a pain. Here are the Tips to Remove Gel Nail Polish at home without ruining your nails.
- Aluminum foil
- High-grit buffer (such as a white block buffer)
- Cotton balls
- Nail kit
DIY Nail Polish Remover
This DIY Gel Nail Remover is simple to follow and yet gives a result of salon manicure. Follow the steps…
1. Gently buff the top coat polish to break the seal of gel polish. Ensure you only file top of nails, as filing too deep can roughen nailbeds.
2. Dip cotton in acetone and place it on the fingernail. It’s suggested not to use acetone frequently on cleaning off regular nail laquer, as overuse can turn your nails yellowish.
3. Cut the Aluminum foil to wrap them around each of the nails to hold that acetone cotton ball in place. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes. The aluminum foil holds the cotton ball on the plate of the nail without soaking entire fingers.
4. Remove the cotton balls after 10 minutes and the gel polish will be removed easily. Don’t scrape any remaining product, instead use the cotton ball 5 more minutes and it will work to remove Gel Nail Polish at home.
5. Use high-grit buffer to remove the remaining gel polish and clean the nails. Hydrate your nails with cuticle oil or vaseline. Whether you use a regular nail polish remover or gel nail polish remover, it’s always suggested to hydrate your nails.
These steps to remove Gel Nail Polish at home are easy steps to follow. For more nail art videos and nail care tips, do visit Fairandglow.com.
What are your views on the article? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section!