Dark Circles have becomes common problem for many, especially for those who work for long hours on computers, or those who lack sleep or consume too much alcohol. However, they are not the only reasons. So, let’s take a look on What Causes Dark Circles Under Eyes and how to get rid of dark circles.
Causes of Dark Circles
- Dark circles under eyes occur due to several causes including alcohol, lack of sleep and illnesses. Other factors include
- Heredity– Dark circles around eyes can occur in childhood and can be often an inherited trait. While most of the children outgrow them some cannot.
- Allergies– Nasal congestion can dilate the blood vessels and this can drain the area around your eyes and can cause dark circles.
- Sleep Deprivation– One of the major causes of dark circles, but there are lots of natural remedies to remove dark circles under eyes.
- Oversleeping can also cause dark eye circles.
- Other factors include Eczema, Stress and Ageing that leads to thinning of our skin, magnifies the appearance of dark eye circles.
- Lifestyle Factors– Excess smoking or drinking can also cause dark circles. On the other hand, excess caffeine, or who use cocaine or amphetamines may have difficulty getting enough sleep and thus leading to black eyes.
- Fluid retention that may be caused due to pregnancy or weight gain can lead to dark circles under eyes.
- Excessive exposure to the sun can produce more melanin and cause Skin pigmentation around eyes.
- Periorbital cellulitis, which is the bacterial infection of the eyelid or eyelids is also reason for dark circles, but treating them with antibiotics is how to get rid of dark circles under eyes.
- Mononucleosis can lead to puffy and swollen eyes and the illness can also lead to a yellowing of the eyes and the skin around them.
Remedies for Dark Circles Under Eyes
If you’re looking for ways to reduce dark circles, here are some of the remedies for dark circles including Cold compress, placing cucumber slices, rose water pads, rubbing potato slices et al.
If you think your medical condition is What Causes Dark Circles Under Eyes, consult the doctor immediately, while you can try Remedies for Dark Circles Under Eyes otherwise.